Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Teaching Digital Photography Basics..any takers?

One of the things I have always believed in is that education never stops! My family is a big part of this belief. My father had a B.S. degree in chemistry, a masters +30 in mathematics, tutored high school students in math out of our house and taught class at Delaware Tech, all from his wheelchair! My mother taught math and psychology at a high school in Delaware, was named Delaware Teacher Of The Year in 1981 and was later a guidance counselor near Wilmington, DE before retirement. My sister is a top notch social studies teacher and department head at her school in Frederick, MD, and has been honored for her work by The Washington Post newspaper! So I've been surrounded by teachers all my life!

Well, the bug bit. Not to the extent that it has with the rest of my family, but it did bite me.

I am going to be teaching Digital Photography Basics classes for the Clearfield County Career and Technology Center in Clearfield, PA as a part of their Adult Education department offerings starting in March. This course is going to deal with the basics of Digital Photography. We've already started working on the plans for the course and we are looking forward to helping you make better images you will be proud of!

I am hopeful that (based on this course and the wishes of the students) we could offer a more accelerated course in the future, geting into more detail and advanced practices.

If you are interested in the course, please call the Adult Education department at CCTC at 814-765-5308. Any questions for me in specific can be answered by email at rtsphoto@verizon.net. Class sessions will start on March 12 and run for three weeks, 2 hours each Thursday night.

No comments: